Installing and Launching the Application
1) Before beginning the installation it will be necessary to download the latest version of Rational Waves.
2) You will need administrative privileges in order to install the application software on your computer. Please login to an account on your computer that includes ‘Administrator’ rights before proceeding with the installation.
3) If you will be using an RTLSDR device, then attach that to your PC’s USB port before running the installation / setup program. If you will be using another RF analyzer device, then that gets attached after the installation / setup program completes.
4) Run the installation / setup program and follow the prompts for installing the application. Be sure to review the License Agreement as you progress through the installation procedure — each license key can be used to install the software on a single machine. When the Setup Wizard has completed then click the ‘Finish’ button. Please note that in addition to the application, the installation program should also install the necessary USB drivers. By default the application is installed in the folder ‘\Program Files (x86)\NutsAboutNets\RationalWaves’ and a desktop icon is created.
5) Attach an RF spectrum analyzer to your PC using a USB-to-PC connection cable.
6) Rational Waves requires a license key (i.e. activation or registration code). The first time the application is launched you will be prompted to register the application. When the software was purchased you should have received an email with your license key. To register the program enter your email address (the one used when you purchased the software) and the license key you received by email. If you have not yet purchased a license key you can still evaluate the software by running in “demo” mode that uses simulated data. To run in “demo” mode launch the application without an RF analzyer attached to your PC.